Services & Entries

MCH Brokerage
MCH acts on behalf of importers and exporters to ensure that goods get through customs channels quickly and efficiently. In the United States customs brokers are licensed by the CBP, a branch of the Department of Homeland Security.
MCH Services
Prepare import and export documents and other forms on behalf of clients in accordance with customs regulations, laws and procedures.

Sign import/export document on behalf of clients, using power of attorney.

Offer counsel and services attending to commodity, tax rates and duties, import and export restrictions, exchange rates, methods of customs clearance, letters of credit, insurance requirement, domestic and international shipping and transportation regulations, tariff classifications, concessions, and appraisals.

Arrange payments for taxes, storage, duties, freight, transportation, bonds and other expenses to cover duty of goods.

Provide client representation before government official’s administrative tribunals or in other dealings with government officials.
In general a fixed fee will be charged, or a negotiated fee which is equal to a percentage of your goods invoice total. If we also provide transportation, storage and shipping of goods, a separate fee will be applied to these services.
Auxiliary Services

T&E-Transportation and Export:​​​​
Goods shipped under U.S. Customs bond from a U.S. Port of Entry to a second U.S. Customs port for export to a third country.

Vessel Transportation and Export:
This is a specialized U.S. Customs bond intended for a foreign vessel which will be immediately leaving the USA.

Warehouse Entry:
This entry is for goods entering the USA under bond to temporarily store goods in a warehouse without paying duties and/or taxes.

Formal Entry:
Where your goods enter the United States: as a formal entry, also called a commercial entry. Most exports enter the U.S. as a formal entry, for which U.S. customs regulations require the use of a U.S. customs broker like MCH Brokerage.

U.S. Customs requires formal entry for any shipment valued at more than USD $2000.00, and you must use a customs broker to clear such shipments. Formal entry also requires a broker for a shipment of any value if it consists of controlled goods (that is, goods requiring U.S. permits or licenses to cross the border).

Informal Entry:
This type of entry is performed for shipments valued less than $2000 USD (Some commodities are restricted to an informal entry, regardless of the value). An Informal entry does not require a broker if the shipment is accompanied by the exporter, or if the consignee comes to the port of entry to collect it.

If your product falls into certain categories, you may need a customs broker to help you with additional documentation such as a Certificate of Hygiene, a Certificate of Free Sale or a Certificate of Inspection. As a U.S. customs broker we can help you understand and deal with these special requirements.

Consumption Entry:
Designed for shipment entering the U.S.A. with a value over $2000 USD.

(TIB) Temporary Import Bond:
Goods entering the U.S.A. temporarily and intended for re-export to the originating country. Some restrictions do apply.

4455 Certificate of Registration:
We also prepare this U.S. Customs document which is intended for foreign shipment exporting from the U.S.A. and then intended for return to the U.S.A.

IT Entries - Immediate Transit:
Goods shipped under U.S. bond directly from initial Port of Entry into the USA to a second U.S. Customs port. Note Restriction: The Carrier must hold a Bond with U.S. Customs.