Types of Customs Entries

As your U.S. customs broker we will act on your behalf to clear your goods through customs and deliver them to their final destination.

Using a U.S. customs broker is usually mandatory. The benefits of doing so,  include the following:

Brokers stay up-to-date with all customs regulations and procedures and will be aware of changes well before you are.

They prepare all the documentation that your Country's Customs and U.S. Customs require.

Before your goods can clear customs, U.S. regulations require a bond for their value plus any duties. As your broker we will arrange this bond for you.

As your broker we will clear your goods through customs quickly, sparing you some storage costs and other hassels.
Formal Entry:
Where your goods enter the United States: as a formal entry, also called a commercial entry. Most exports enter the U.S. as a formal entry, for which U.S. customs regulations require the use of a U.S. customs broker like MCH Brokerage.

U.S. Customs requires formal entry for any shipment valued at more than USD $2000.00, and you must use a customs broker to clear such shipments. Formal entry also requires a broker for a shipment of any value if it consists of controlled goods (that is, goods requiring U.S. permits or licenses to cross the border).

Informal Entry:
This type of entry is performed for shipments valued less than $2000 USD (Some commodities are restricted to an informal entry, regardless of the value). An Informal entry does not require a broker if the shipment is accompanied by the exporter, or if the consignee comes to the port of entry to collect it.

If your product falls into certain categories, you may need a customs broker to help you with additional documentation such as a Certificate of Hygiene, a Certificate of Free Sale or a Certificate of Inspection. As a U.S. customs broker we can help you understand and deal with these special requirements.

IT Entries - Immediate Transit:
​Goods shipped under U.S. bond directly from initial Port of Entry into the USA to a second U.S. Customs port. Note Restriction: The Carrier must hold a Bond with U.S. Customs.

Consumption Entry:
Designed for shipment entering the U.S.A. with a value over $2000 USD.

Warehouse Entry:
This entry is for goods entering the USA under bond to temporarily store goods in a warehouse without paying duties and/or taxes.

(TIB) Temporary Import Bond:
Goods entering the U.S.A. temporarily and intended for re-export to the originating country. Some restrictions do apply.

4455 Certificate of Registration:
We also prepare this U.S. Customs document which is intended for foreign shipment exporting from the U.S.A. and then intended for return to the U.S.A.

T&E-Transportation and Export:​​
Goods shipped under U.S. Customs bond from a U.S. Port of Entry to a second U.S. Customs port for export to a third country.

Vessel Transportation and Export:
This is a specialized U.S. Customs bond intended for a foreign vessel which will be immediately leaving the USA.